My goal is to provide information and value to the broader IT consulting channel, including vendors and partners of all sizes. If you deliver IT services, I believe I have a perspective to offer.
To that end, I have established a set of guiding principles.
- When I make a mistake, I strive to correct the error promptly and disclose the correction to listeners.
- I maintain the anonymity of my sources when asked to do so and when they are sharing information I believe to be in the public interest.
- I honor embargoed statements from companies in the space.
- My paid consulting assignments are advisory in nature. I am hired to present my opinions in detail.
- Advertisements are clearly delineated within the content of my shows.
- I currently own stock in SolarWinds (SWI) and N-Able (NABL), which was part of my compensation from employment between 2013 and 2019.
- I make every effort to follow the FTC guidelines in my business efforts.
- If you find something that requires clarification, please ask.
For content on the Business of Tech, there are guiding principles.
- Any paid content is clearly positioned as such. An example is ads, which are clearly different in sound and presentation.
- There are no paid endorsements.
- I do not accept any preconditions for coverage of a story that requires me to say certain things.
- Any interview subjects are not given the opportunity to preview or approve interview questions, nor are they allowed to review stories prior to publication.
- Any potential stock conflict is made available via a disclosure.
I recognize the following terminology for those who are communications professionals or authorized spokespeople for their organizations speaking on behalf of their organization in an official capacity.
- “On the record” is the default position when speaking to MSP Radio. You say things, they are recorded and reported on.
- “On background” is an agreement which both must agree to, which allows discussions that are not specifically attributed to you. There must be agreement for discussions to be on background.